Frost High School is proud to offer dual credit classes through a partnership with Navarro College. Dual credit allows high school students an opportunity to earn college credit while in high school. This process includes enrolling in college courses, earning college credit, and earning credit toward high school graduation. This opportunity lays the foundation for college expectations.
We offer two different dual credit paths for students. Students who TSI test and meet qualifications at the end of their eighth grade year may be eligible for the Higher Start Program. Higher Start students begin college courses their freshman year. Students who do not qualify for the Higher Start Program may TSI test and begin college courses their junior year. Students are only allowed to enroll in courses for which they have met TSI requirements.
TSI Test - When Offered at FHS
Everyone that wishes to attend a college and/or university must pass TSI Math, Reading, and Writing before graduation.
- Cost: $5 per test (unless you are taking the test for DC purposes, it is free on the first attempt)
- Students with Accommodation: See Mrs. Herd
- Sign up for TSI Test with Mrs. Herd in the counseling office or fill out the form online. TSI Testing Form
Requirements for Dual Credit Enrollment
For Frost High School you must:
- Have passed the prerequisite sections of the STAAR EOC state mandated testing requirement
- Have good attendance and no discipline referrals.
- Have Parent permission, College Course Commitment Statement/Contract, signed and on file in the counselor’s office.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance in prerequisite courses: Students should have made a B or above average in the prerequisite courses. For Dual Credit English III, IV, the prerequisite is English II or III respectively. For US History, the prerequisite is World History, and for Upper Level Math, the prerequisite is Algebra II.
- College testing requirements MUST be met before enrollment in any Dual Credit class.
- Make a grade of 70 or above in the Dual Credit course in order to take any future Dual Credit courses.
- Obtain permission from the principal.
For Navarro College you must:
- Complete a NC application
- Submit all necessary documentation required by NC
- Satisfy college enrollment testing requirements
College Credit and Your Transcript
- Although students are considered passing with a "D" and receive college credit by college standards, you will not receive high school credit on your transcript for a "D" and may be required to retake a FHS equivalent course to fulfill graduation requirements.
- Navarro College instructors will provide numerical final course grades as well as letter grades.
- Failing grades earned in dual credit courses will be entered on the student’s transcript.
Texas Common Core Course Numbering System
Request a Navarro College Transcript