Welcome to my teacher page!
Hi, my name is Cayla Carson. Over the summer I got married and changed my name to Cayla Carson-McDonald! I teach fourth grade Math & Science! This will be my fifth year teaching and I am looking forward to a great year!
I graduated from Frost in 2010 and went to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi where I graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor's in Animal Biology. After college, I worked as an aquarist and took care of all my fish friends that lived in 68,000 gallon aquariums. I then got my teaching certificate and came back to Frost to teach fourth grade!
I love to swim, I'm even scuba certified. I also enjoy playing games, going to escape rooms, and decorating our new house! I married Michael in July of 2020 and we have two fur babies (dogs) Bear and Finn Finn!
You will learn more about me through the year and I can't wait to learn all about YOU! This year will be challenging but if you are learning at home or in the classroom we are going to have FUN!
- to your classmates, to adults, to school property
- no talking while I'm talking..
- during the lesson or while others are working
- the majority of students are here to learn, bad behavior will NOT be tolerated
School COVID Rules
- temperature checks will happen in the morning before entering the school
- please bring your own water bottle, we will not be using the water fountains.
- mask are required for our grade level!
- remember to wash your hands and/or hand sanitize through out the day!
- do your best to keep hands and objects away from your mouth!
- NO sharing of supplies or any other items!
- we must try our best to keep a safe distance!
9:00-9:30: Tundra Time
2:30: Buses Run
2:30-3:30: Conference/ Remote Learning Planning Time